So a few months ago I hennaed my hair, at first I was that keen on the results as it was so much darker than my natural hair. However a few month down the line the colour has faded considerably and now I love it!
Saturday, 25 August 2012
Hello again! It was my mums birthday on Saturday and she had asked for a union jack cake! At first I was a bit like ‘Huh!’ as I did not really know how to go about it. At first I thought about using food colouring on royal icing to get the red white and blue and just cutting out the icing to form the flag. However my family are not big fans of overly sweet things so instead I decided to use fruit to make the union jack (since all the fruit I used were in season it was especially summery as well!) ! I also blended raspberries into whipped cream for the filling as I thought this would be less sweet than butter icing (It is bloody delicious!).
- 175g butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp baking soda
- 175g self raising flour
- Tub of whipping/double cream
- 2 punnets of raspberries
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1punnet of blueberries
- First blend together sugar and butter.
- Then add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Blend for 2 minutes until the mixture forms bubbles on the surface.
- Then sift in the flour and baking soda and fold in with a metal spoon.
- Then separate between 2 cake tins and cook at 180 for 25 mins.
- whip the cream till it has thickened then add a punnet of raspberries and blend in.
- spread the cream between the layers of the cake and on the top
- Then using the different berries decorate the top (I attempted to do a union jack!)
- I then used a little pack of decorations from waitrose to decorate the cake further!