Monday 20 February 2012

Red lipstick tips

I love lipstick, I own closer to 20 different lippys in lots of different shades! Though my favorite shade of lipstick has to be red! Many people say they can't wear red, or other bold lipsticks, or are to afraid to (one of my housemates is to scared to wear anything but clear lip gloss). So I thought I would give some little tips and tricks to help anyone pull off lipstick.
My new red lipstick in action!
  1. Exfoliate your lips, even if you don't want to wear lipstick, you should still take care of you lips, when you brush your teeth give your lips a rub over with your brush, taking off any dead skin.
  2. Always wear something on your lips, even if its just Vaseline! When I was younger I would get very cracked lips, my dentist at the time told me to wear lots of lip gloss! He said it was great for nourishing lips.
  3. Blot! If you want your lipstick to last a long time, apply and then blot, I generally do this quite a few times as I hate it when lipstick only lasts half an hour (you could also invest in a lipstick primer, I have a great one form Urban Decay). It will also give you a much more intense colour!
  4. After you have applied the lipstick, stick a finger in your mouth and drag it back out, this will make sure you don't get any lippy on your teeth!
  5. Finally and probably the most important in my book, is to wear you lip stick with confidence!
Red lipstick always wins!

1 comment: