Friday 4 May 2012

A Bun with a twist...

Last week one of my friends came into uni with really pretty hair, it was plaited and then put into a bun, I thought it looked really cool. So I decided I would try it out, and it was surprisingly easy. I think its a clever way of making a boring bun look more interesting and can be dressed up or down.

So here is a guide to create the plait bun...

 1. First french plait your hair! Some people find this really hard (I know I used too) but it is actually really easy, just gather up bits of hair slowly, as you plait down the head.


2. Then coil the plait into a bun and pin it (this is easier if you have slightly thinner hair than mine!). This is actually the trickiest part for me, and as you can probably see below I have not pinned the bun all that well.

3. Finally voila! Below is a front shot of the hair style, and as you can see it just looks like a normal bun from the front! You can make any changes, mess the style up a bit to make it more casual, or perhaps add some chandelier earrings to dress it up! (Also I changed my top in this picture! I took this just as I was about to leave the house!)

Sorry the pictures are not great, taking pics of the back of your head on your own is very tricky!
I hope you try the hairstyle out!

6 comments:

  1. Very good my dear but stop procrastinating and do work, work, work, work, work. See I can even nag whilst blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.hellocotton.com/mypage/theconstantcrafter

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.hellocotton.com/mypage/missbryony

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous- love this look! new follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sweet! They are a bit sporadic at the moment due to the insane amount of exams I have but thank you! x

      Delete